Here are a few of my favorite resources that have influenced my teaching and research.
- Lucy Green (2008). Music, Informal Learning and the School: A New Classroom Pedagogy
- Lucy Green (2002). How Popular Musicians Learn: A Way Ahead for Music Education
- Christopher Smalls (2011). Musicking: The Meanings of Performing and Listening
- Thomas Turino (2008). Music as Social Life: The Politics of Participation
- Musical Futures (Program for Informal Music Learning in the UK)
- Weedsport Music Industry (A music production class in upstate NY)